The Pie Social is sure to be a delicious and entertaining afternoon event with local bakers – both amateurs and professionals – supplying a wide array of pies. Be assured this event is not only for those with a sweet tooth, the pies will cover all categories including fruit, creamy, savory and nut, so shoppers can come to shop, eat lunch and get dessert!
We need lots and lots of pies! Please complete this form and give to your teacher or PTA office.
FAVORITE PIE CONTEST
Bakers are invited to bring pies to be judged by parents and a panel of celebrity judges.
This year’s judges include:
- Gail Simmons, Author of “Bringing It Home: Favorite Recipes from a Life of Adventurous Eating” and Bravo Top Chef judge
- Harold Dieterle, Chef and winner of Bravo’s Top Chef (Season One)
- Odette Williams, author of “Simple Cake” (out Spring 2019)
- Michelle Mannix, Founder of Cook Space Brooklyn
- Gia Giasullo, co-founder of Brooklyn Farmacy & Soda Fountain
- Paul Allam, Bourke Street Bakery
- PS 29 Principal Dr. Rebecca Fagin
The winner will receive a gift from Williams Sonoma and bragging rights for the year! Winner will be announced at 1:30 pm.
KIDS PIE CONTEST
Calling all STUDENTS! Bake a pie with minimal adult help and enter it into the Kids’ Pie Contest for Eat Pie and Shop! PRIZES for 1st, 2nd & third 3rd place! Kids winners will be announced between 2:30 and 3 p.m.
- Students can apply to be a judge by committing to make a pie and explaining why they want to be a judge on the kid’s contest form.
- To enter pie in contest, morning of event, drop off pies at PS 29 between 9 and 10:45 a.m.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.